Related Posts Display

'Strictly Come Dancing' Presenter Claudia Winkleman's Daughter Matilda Hurt In 'Fireball' Accident To Halloween Costume


More details have emerged of the horrific accident suffered by the young daughter of Claudia Winkleman, forcing the 'Strictly Come Dancing' presenter to miss this weekend's show.
Eight-year-old Matilda was seriously injured as a result of her Halloween costume catching fire. She was out trick-or-treating with a bunch of friends for Halloween when the cape she was wearing caught fire, causing what one witness described as a "fireball" around the little girl.
claudia winkleman
Claudia Winkleman has spent the last four days by her daughter's bedside
The children were with adults, including Claudia Winkleman, and the Daily Mail quotes a neighbour describing the shocking incident:
"Apparently there were candles outside [the house] and you know how all these costumes are made of highly flammable material.
"The poor girl's dress literally went up in a fireball and somebody tried to put it out.
"They pushed her to the ground and sort of rolled her over and tried to put it out but by that time she had got burnt on her fingers and her arm. His [the man who tried to help] fingers got burnt as well."
claudia winkleman
Claudia Winkleman and her husband Kris Thykier have three children together, with two sons besides Matilda
The same paper quotes one of Matilda's young pals Zoya Bacolv, saying: 'She was outside a really scary house when her cape caught fire, I think she was dressed as a witch. I think it was a candle outside a house that set her cape on fire.
"I saw her when the ambulance came, they had to wrap her up to put out the fire.
"She burnt her leg. They put her in a cast thing and put lots of plasters on her leg. She's going to be hospital for a week. It was really scary."
Paramedics are reported to have treated Matilda at the scene before she was taken to hospital.
Yesterday, Claudia and her family issued a statement, revealing that Matilda had been hurt, but was being cared for in hospital, and that they were hopeful for a full a recovery.
They added: "We would like to take this opportunity to remind anyone taking part in fireworks parties or Guy Fawkes celebrations to be vigilant about the dangers of candles, open fires and fireworks and to be please have the appropriate safety measures in place and to hand."
London Fire Brigade have shared their sympathies for Claudia Winkleman's daughter, adding, "It's a shocking but timely reminder that open flames can be lethal if you don't keep an eye on them or they are left unattended.
'Make sure candles are placed well away from flammable items and clothing, otherwise the results can be catastrophic.'
It is not clear when Claudia will be returning to her 'Strictly' hosting duties, which she shares with Tess Daly. Zoe Ball, who presents 'Strictly... It Takes Two' stood in for her at the weekend, and wished the family her best wishes live on air.

No comments